We are seeking a self-directed, pro-active, and energetic Implementation Consultant to provide telephone and onsite installation for libraries across the US.
This position requires traveling up to 50-60% of your time, fully-paid, to different areas of the country while taking a consultative approach to implementing and training professionals on our suite of hardware and software solutions
The Implementation Consultant coordinates, plans, and implements systems related to hardware and software for libraries both remotely and in the field. The IC will manage customer installations while also acting as liaison to internal staff that build and maintain products. As a member of an active Professional Services team, the Implementation Consultant also participates in consulting on the best experience for library staff and their customers (patrons).
The goal of the IC is to project the image of the organization professionally through telephone, email, face-to-face, communication outlets to consistently optimize the customer experience. This position will interact with customers and respond to their inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
Purpose of the Implementation Consultant Role
To coordinate and execute the successful deployment, installation, and training of EnvisionWare solutions in a library while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and coordinate the installation of EnvisionWare systems
- Work with library staff to establish goals for successful outcomes; identify implementation roadblocks that may arise during software and hardware installations; troubleshoot and develop solutions to implementation challenges.
- Provide training for the successful operation and ongoing maintenance of implemented systems to library personnel with varying levels of expertise; adapt structured training to fit the unique needs of each customer.
- Exercise quality control and follow quality assurance protocols.
- Prepare user documentation, recommend best practices and policies, identify opportunities for service improvements.
- Provide timely updates to the customer record and communicate clearly and effectively internally and externally.
Required Technical Skills
- A working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems, networking, database management, installation and configuration of Microsoft MySQL, Microsoft server maintenance, and RFID technology.
- Experience in installing and maintaining Windows and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and peripheral operations, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience installing and supporting hardware, software, and networked systems.
- Experience in using hand tools (power drills/hammer drills, etc.) and mechanical equipment for drilling holes and mounting hardware.
Additional Required Skills
- Highly organized and pro-active with strong follow-up skills
- Self-motivated and able to maintain focus in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Must show attention to detail and have a flawless execution mindset
- Ability to anticipate issues, identify future choke points and work ahead of time to alleviate potential issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to travel up to 50-60% of the time.
- Library or Automated Materials Handling (AMH) and RFID experience.
- Knowledge with Mac and tablet technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in IT customer service and/or consulting environment.
- Library experience a huge plus.
*Open to remote candidates in all of United States with access to a major airport.*
Share our job with others