Director ISPF NPI & Manufacturing Engineering
Position – Director ISPF NPI & Manufacturing Engineering
Location Preferred – Richardson TX preferred location but hiring manager is open to hiring in Shakopee MN as well.
Travel Required – 25%
Local candidates only
CommScope is hiring a Director ISPF NPI & Manufacturing Engineering. This position can be in either Richardson, TX or Shakopee, MN with Richardson, TX as the preferred location.
Manage and direct New Product Introduction, Process Engineering and Test system and software projects to support global mass production. Ensure that all projects are effectively managed to meet planned timelines, budgets and project scope requirements. Structure projects in accordance with the Product Development Process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute Manufacturing Engineering strategies to align with Operations.
- Manage & develop NPI teams, including technical and supporting roles.
- Support product transfers to global manufacturing facilities in accordance with strategic localization plans, in collaboration with the CHS Global Operations team.
- Lead NPI projects as the key technical representative. Collaborate with Project Management, Planning, Operations, Design Engineering, Quality and Procurement teams on execution of the project plans.
- Controls CapEx spending for CHS operations.
- Centralize control and ensure global compliance for process and NPI CHS engineering operations.
- Maintain project schedules and expedite tasks as needed to support project timelines. Publish periodic schedule status for each project and elevate delay issues to appropriate management representatives.
- Plan and monitor project budgets for capital and expense items. Review status with management team regularly.
- Provide training support to NPI teams locally and at receiving facilities regarding product specific processes and requirements.
- Define key manufacturing cost drivers and influence designs.
- Drive DFX through concurrent engineering involvement of the NPI teams during the product development process.
- Incorporate lean initiatives & improvements in the manufacturing and operations function within the project framework.
SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent.
- Fifteen years of relevant experience with five years of managerial experience
- Experience with Fiber Termination is highly desired
- Ability to manage complex projects within a product development gate process.
- Technical knowledge of products & processes, including product specifications & testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, representing project status & issues to the Senior Management team & peers.
- Ability to lead teams including coaching, negotiation skills.
- Travel will be required in this position (upto 25% travel with some international travel)
- Strong cultural sensitivity to manage relationships with people from all cultures.
- Strong leadership capabilities to deliver results and to build cross-cultural teams.
- Maintains a highly professional manner which sets a standard of excellence for the rest of the staff. Listens to others and responds professionally with timely and accurate information.
- Functions proactively and persistently in the face of obstacles/change establishing both short-term and long-term operations and project management strategies to meet present and future project needs.
- Consistently strives to create, develop and implement additional procedures, systems, programs, and processes aimed at continuous improvement, quality, and customer enhancement.
- Communicates oral and written information accurately, concisely, and in a form appropriate to the target audience.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and be a dynamic team player, self-starter and results oriented employee.
Share our job with others